Notary fees in France will increase as of 2019 - Notary fees in France will increase as of 2019
Contact us for the best properties, online and off-market
WhatsApp+33770186203 or use our search form

Notary fees in France will increase as of 2019

By in Blog with 1 Comment

This post is also available in: German French Italian

Buying a second home in the South of France is, of course, a fun and important event in your life. From the moment you have reserved the purchase, you’ll immediately feel a lot happier. Not that this has been proven scientifically, but we know from experience that our customers all travel to southern France with a smile on their face to enjoy a few days of local life on the Côte d’Azur.

If you are considering buying a new apartment or an existing villa on the French Riviera, it would be a good idea to make a purchase this year. You save more than one percent on the total purchase as from 2019 the rates of French notaries are unfortunately going up. For existing properties, it will be 8% and for new construction, the fees will be 3 to even 4%.

Notary fees in France will increase as of 2019

Not that the notary is getting richer here; his or her activities for a real estate transaction consist of 80% of collecting taxes for the French government. The remaining 20% of the costs are incurred on file costs and administration time the office has to make. Anyone who has ever bought an existing or new apartment or villa on the Côte d’Azur knows that there is a lot of paperwork involved. The structure is simpler for new constructions, but everything has to be signed in triplicate because your purchase of newly built real estate must be stored – on paper – in all possible registers in, for example, Paris and the local and national land register. And paper, the French love it.

Every notary, therefore, has an impressive paper archive to store the transactions. Can’t that be done digitally ?, I hear you think, but strangely enough, the paper is safer. A server with all documents can be cracked or simply stop working. Digital is, therefore, a ‘nice to have’ and to sue in the mail, but for the time being and in this respect, the paper is more sustainable.

So if you are buying an apartment this year, try to send it to sign your final purchase agreement with the notary before the end of the year. On a new apartment of 600,000 euros, it makes a difference between six and twelve thousand euros.

Source: Seloger

Share This
About The Author
Ab Kuijer

Experienced communicator and marketeer. Former radio, TV and advertising producer in Amsterdam. Author of ‘Think Small, Grow Big’ that explains why advertising is dead. Owner of an international marketing agency specialised in real estate. Lives in the South of France since 2006 for obvious reasons: sun, sea, wine and healthy food. Became on the Cote d'Azur the first Dutch President of the British Chamber of Commerce, later rebranded the Riviera Business Club. Happily married to Jojo. Ab reads and writes 2000 words per day about different topics. xxxxxxxxxLiving on the Côte d'Azur is the first real estate portal with a personal service. A daily fresh collection of more than 1700 high-value luxury properties and new construction projects along the French Riviera; from Menton to Saint Tropez. We are also present with local teams in Paris, Ibiza, Portugal, Mauritius and Tuscany. Clients recommend us for being responsive, professional, honest and accurate. xxxxxxxxxxxxWith local multi-lingual teams, Living on the Côte d'Azur provides a 'Good old Dutch' Service for foreign buyers, helping them on the journey from a long-list selection towards visiting the short-list. We explain how French real estate law works, and guide the buyers through the impressive French paperwork until the signature at the notary for the final deed.

1 Comment

  1. I have read your blog really very impressive about notary fees France increase and graceful posting.Thanks for sharing valuable information.